Thursday, August 10, 2006

unsafe festivals and broken ankles


I can't believe what's happened to My Sidmouth.

http://www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk/

I've been going to the festival since I was 18, stewarding often, and I've never seen it like this. It's a massive festival in it's infancy, a strange and difficult thing to have to run, but I really don't think it's rocket science to print out a few passes in advance, or to write a stewarding training manual. It was only ever a few paragraphs long anyway. Thing is, I'm not at all sure that next year will be any different, and I suppose what I want to ask myself is... do I really want to be involved in such a complete mess?

This me and Cath. She broke her ankle on the first night and I had my first ever ride in an ambulance with her to Exeter hospital. An Heroic Adventure for me and a rather large shock for her. Here she is with her new flouro pink cast on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,how is your friends foot doing?I also broke my foot and stuck in a cast,really sucks.I am from new york byt he way,David.

purplefiona said...

Y'know what, I don't know how she is right now....David-from-New-York-By-The-Way! Because I left her MY email address but didn't take hers. But she gave me a card. And some fudge. Best thing about being in a cast is the sheer amount of tea that gets made for you. :)

purplefiona said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.