Thursday, September 06, 2007

Invasion of the Macro Spiders! warning! spider pics!


Inspired by macro pictures in the lovely badger's blog, and by missed picture opportunities (even when in sweaty fear) in Stray's.......when I saw this enormo arachnid lurking behind my front door I had to take a picture of it despite my revulsion. My digital camera, an Ixus 500, is really rather good at macro shots..... even when the owner of the camera is shaking and jumping away at the last minute. The spider didn't even blink (well I assume it didn't...do spiders blink?) and didn't move a muscle when the flash went off. I was practically halfway back up the stairs again however. To get good macro you have to be CLOSE. Bluuurgh.
The Mr Sir D arrived and shooed it out. Phew.

3 comments:

Nextgen said...

Woo! its got the right number of legs and everything! - have you seen the pseudo-macro shots that people have been taking? You use a very large f-stop to create a short depth of field, and shift the focal plane of the lens a bit, and hey presto - big landscapes with people in them look like models ... its really spooky when you realise they are actually real!

purplefiona said...

WOw! that sounds uber spooky. I would have got closer... but urrrrrhhh!

Me said...

You need one of these