Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Lost

I feel like Dr Who. Lost in time and space. The only one left.
Me and Mr Sir D, despite his consummate spider throwing skills, have parted ways. I'm in a kind of painful confused limbo.
When my alarm went off yesterday, I dozed, and each time I opened my eyes I expected to be in a different bed- My old room from childhood- Greenford-Stratford-Manchester- when I opened my eyes each time I didn't know what to look for. I was, in fact, in Stratford, under double size duvet and cow print fleece in my single bed single room- my matchbox refuge from a world so hard to understand that only the alarm and the job keeps me going, repeating things, routine, get up, work, drink, bed. Repeat. Add friends and therapy and dancing and tiring late nights and long concerned telephone calls and there you have it. Life, the Universe and Everything.
If only I never had to actually come out from under the duvet than surely all my problems would go away? Can one be paid to sleep all day?

4 comments:

EvilMushroomsInvade said...

I am often in awe of how much life there is underneath my duvet. how is it possible to stick head underneath duvet and then surface 2 hours later having come to no conclusions whatsoever and yet feel like a lifetime has passed by in my head. And that's when processing thoughts when awake...

Hmm that's it, I clearly need to go sleep, I'm not sure that makes any sense at all. Sleep well.

Unknown said...

Soon you will have your new nest.. filled to bursting with shinies! And all the routine will still be there, and all the friends.

Sorry to hear that discarding life with me hasn't made things better for you. I still wonder whether I should have tried to make you stay, but you were so adamant that you needed to be alone.

I'm still here to talk to, if that would help. I can even do my best to keep insight to a minimum. I know our recent conversations have been overfilled with Truths.

Sweet Camden Lass said...

Duvets are lovely. ~x~

purplefiona said...

Mushroom- There is LOTS to be discovered under a duvet. And I'm still discovering!
Drak- Yes I will be ok when I have my new place. I'm SO EXCITED about shutting the door you wouldnt believe. No one has ever managed to make me do anything :) We will talk when we are ready.
SCL- Yes they flippin are. I'm planning on having at least three, each with a different cover, topped off with a rainbow cats quilt that my Mum is making me.