Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter weekend fun

After an argument about what is or isn't Art, and Damien Hirst and Marcel Duchamp compared and contrasted with Bach and Mendolhson (ok I can't spell it, so sue me) over a greasy breakfast; touring Kew in the freezing sleet/snow on the jolly little bus which was surprisingly fun, enduring arguments about Mac vs PC, homeopathy vs western medicine, where to have tea, how to warm up, and whether Henry Moore's sculpture is "crap" or not, because each actual bronze was not made by the artist himself, (merely designed and modelled by hand in miniature) ...I came to the conclusion that I must be spending the day with my family. After purchasing bargain plush Venus fly-trap toys (£1 each- with detachable plush fly) we are all watching an animated peanut instruct us on how to wobble strange white controllers in the air. Yes, the family are playing Big Brain Academy on the Wii.

I haven't laughed this much in ages!!

3 comments:

Sweet Camden Lass said...

I've got TP's 2nd CD, thank you (ought to listen to that, but have gone all vinyl today). Glad you've got more patience for link locating than I do - I just wanted the rest of the world to hear the wondrousness that is Tickled Pink. And now they can. Yay! ~x~

Unknown said...

I felt sure Henry Moore's sculptures were bronze.. But Crap would be easier to work into those smooth shapes..

I feel sure your family are just there to reassure you how rational the rest of the world is..

purplefiona said...

Camden- no worries. TP are cool

Drak- Oh yeah,, I forgot.... lol. One of them was fibreglass. They were beautiful. Also, the history of Kew is fascinating, specially the Pagoda. I think my Mum was counting to make sure she'd seen all 37 of the sculptures, too :) Its quite cute really. the sort of thing I don't admit to doing... I counted 12.....