Thursday, March 27, 2008

no pictures, only words

The kindness of brownie knitter will shortly be keeping my toes warm- she has promised to knit me an Emergency Sock from pure wool (for warmth even when wet), in pink, with extra cashmere round the toes specially for my poorly ankle in its (hopefully) pink or purple fibreglass cast. Pictures will come when I have charged the battery for my camera. I'm moving house day after tomorrow. I think I wont be much help. I really feel for the "man with a van". He will get to know exactly how hard being that man in that van can be. I will need carrying more than the boxes... which I have not boxed up yet....Not to mention the long suffering Paul and even longer suffering Sammy.....I have become a burden to society. I'm looking up jokes even now to lighten the mood with. Perhaps I can hire a wheelchair for the day and whiz about in that. I cant help but think of all the people who are in wheelchairs forever when I consider getting one for the weekend, it seems jolly ridiculous and I feel extra lucky to have my mobility and health. And its my mobility and health I intend to keep, once I have it back.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So has you moved successfully?

purplefiona said...

I has. Very successful :) howz about you?

Unknown said...

Well I has a hauslet (small house)..
Full of boxes, not so full of furniture..
Feeling like home already (walls full of art and a functioning cooker)

purplefiona said...

Art and a cooker is all one needs! When is the housewarming? I'll bring the bottle of sweet chilli sauce:)